I’m sitting at the UVEF top 25 under 5 award ceremony and I’m listening to John Pestanna, co-founder of Omniture, speak on the opportunity in model trains especially in the down economy.
A distributor that refused them right before the crash and said “we don’t need you.” Recently, the same distributor said to John, “we need you.”
ExactRail can hire machinists and designers all day long because of the down economy.
The competition starts later. Small companies benefit from the lack of competition during a downturn.
How do you create, maintain and protect the culture?
He recommends the “22 Immutable Laws of Marketing.”
Sell, sell, sell.
Now for the top 25 under 5…
- #25 EcoScraps – compost systems
- #24 bambooHR – simplifies HR process
- #23 izatt – iPhone and iPad apps / milebug is a top seller
- #22 Zylun – provide access to offshore work force
- #21 Launch Leads – gets leads for other businesses
- #20 Bluehouse Ski company – sponsor local skiers
- #19 Omnia Alliance – marketing management tools
- #18 Avantar – local mobile search – Pay for Performance
- #17 ClearCenter – IT of distributed teams in small company environments.
- #16 DrivingSales.com – collect business intelligence and market data across the automotive industry
- #15 Professional Cable – data connections for the Internet?
- #14 Orabrush – that’s us
- #13 Job Match – iApplicants solutions
- #12 SweetToothFairy – nailed QVC
- #11 CFOWise – ton of clients
- #10 BizVision – creating, managing and delivering webcasts for corporations
- #9 KT Tape – for treating and supporting sports injuries.
- #8 mediaFORGE – transforming online advertising based on previous browsing and shopping behavior
- #7 Fiftyfilms, LLC – My girlfriend’s boyfriend
- #6 Experience Dental Studio – great smiles.
- #5 SEO.com – was #6 last year.
- #4 Campus Book Rentals – 50-80 percent discount on textbook rentals. Saving students millions.
- #3 qivana – dietary system to stabilize and revitalize their health. All natural products.
- #2 simply mac – apple specialist
- #1 Orange Soda – online marketing with a fiz
Last time I attended this an MLM called Xango won.